NASTAG BRIEF PROFILE
The National Seed Trade Association of Ghana (NASTAG) is an amalgamation of all the value chain actors in the seed industry which culminated from a resolution passed by stakeholders in a meeting sponsored by the USAID – Agriculture Policy Support Project (USAID /APSP) in November 2015. It is a not-for-profit membership-based association limited by guarantee and incorporated in February 2016. NASTAG is dedicated to supporting the competitiveness of Ghana’s seed value chain through business and technical capacity building of its members, promotion of effective collaboration among and between actors, advocacy, regulation and standardization and provision of general seed information. It has positioned itself to support the industry players to develop their niche to the fullest potential for individual and collective benefits; ultimately contributing to enhancing agricultural production that will improve farmers livelihoods and overall agriculture in Ghana.
NASTAG has a vision to be the apex organization for promoting the growth of the seed industry through the improvement of members’ businesses and the use of quality seed for improved livelihoods in Ghana.
Our Mission is to fulfil the interests of the members through a strong advocacy program and the capacity building of members in technical skills, business, and ethics. NASTAG and its members are committed to increasing the quantity, quality and efficient distribution of seeds in Ghana that will contribute to assure adequate food security.
NASTAG’s four broad goals are to:
- Improve communication between seed stakeholders in Ghana, West Africa and the entire world by providing necessary seed industry information
- Build the capacities of seed industry players for business competitiveness
- Serve as the balanced voice for advocacy issues, representing global, regional; and national seed enterprises: seed producers, traders, research and other relevant government institutions.
- Develop a statistical database on Ghana seed production and trade.
Our Core Values
- We ensure equal recognition of all members, all of whom provide us with direction.
- We encourage consensus-driven decision-making.
- We promote member participation and prioritization of common issues.
- We pursue alliances with other similar groups that can contribute to our objectives.
- The highest level of ethics and transparency accompany all of our activities.
NASTAG’s currently has 45 fully registered members and Membership is opened to all seed value chain stakeholders including registered companies of producers, processors, traders, distributors and other auxiliary registered companies and government institutions.